Over the last several months, we’ve had many internal conversations to decide on a course for the organization and the future seems very bright. We're happy to announce some exciting things for 2023 but first let’s wrap up 2022.
In the past 12 months as an organization we have:
- Transitioned new team and board members
- Assisted with 10 skateboard events in 6 countries.
- Relaunched our website, membership tiers, merch shop and made transactions easier for members
- We sent out member gifts (socks) to 17 countries
- Executed our 3rd virtual race series with participants from 15 countries adding new prize pool and sponsors
- Attended TEAMS conference and met with 35 potential race host cities
- Executed 4 promotional giveaways featuring 5 brands
- Launched a brand/manufacturer's membership tier
In 2023, we aim to provide more ways to engage our membership with more virtual challenges, content and giveaways. Here's the big picture and what you can look forward to this year.
- A bigger, better, more organized virtual race starting in May 2023
- Addtional virtual challenges
- More giveaways from our brand members and some other surprises
- Lots of stuff to nerd out on, more content featuring our members in action, gear guides
- More diverse events, sanctioned races. More ways to get involved
- A creative grant program and random acts of awesomeness
- New membership tiers for our supporters
- Limited, official IDSA merch drops throughout the year
Finally, we need help to grow bigger and better. We are currently looking for volunteers in the following areas. If you're interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Content Creation (Help with blogs, videos, gear guides, route reports)
- Event Organizers (LDP, Group ride, Garage, Pumptrack, Dance, Surfskate)
- Graphics, Art, Design (Help to design merch drops, sticker packs, new ISDA assets)
We're looking forward to having our best year ever and we hope you come along for the ride.