You can still race during the pandemic!
- Must meet the posted deadline of race submission for the month. You can try and race the distance as many times as you like but only one race submission will be placed and accepted.
- It will be a solo skate performance, no group rides, no drafting. It’s a Social Distancing Skateboard race.
- You will have to race an out and back course. We want you to start and finish in the same location. A looped course will also be accepted as long as the start and finish are also close to each other.
- You will need to track your performance with a GPS device. Whatever you use (Endomondo, Garmin, Strava) is fine as long as you can take screenshots of all the proper race analysis for confirmation.
Your GPS Image Submission MUST Include:
Distance Completed and Time:
Make sure to stop the clock at the proper distance. You will be given the time on the GPS regardless of the distance.
Map of the Course:
We need to see that you did an out and back or a looped course.
Lap-View Breakdown for Each KM or Mile:
We need to see the breakdown of each mile/km completed.
May I See How Fast You Are?
May’s Distance: 1 mile/1 km!
Move over long distance endurance skaters, it’s time for the sprinter to shine. It’s all about pure power and fast-twitch muscle fiber for the month of May! Are you tired of hearing the question from bystanders as you skate by “How fast can you go with one of those skateboards?” or “You were moving fast, what speed are you going?”
Well this month we are going to find out. We have two sprint races for the month of May to find out what speeds we can do in the 1 kilometer and the 1 mile.
Due May 15th- 1 kilometer (0.621 mile)
- Race a one way 1 km course and record your time. Then race the exact same course the opposite direction and record your time.
- I will average your 2 race times for your total 1km race time.
You can take up to 30 minutes rest between races if you’d like.
- You will have a rolling start into the 1km, as fast as you can push! Instant disqualification for downhill starts, bungee cord launch, jumping out of a moving car or shot out of a cannon! Only natural push is allowed into the start.
Looped course- race once clockwise and once counterclockwise.
Due May 31th- 1 Mile (1.609km)
- Same requirements as the 1km. Average time will be taken from the distance skated twice.
Please only make one submission per submission period. You will be manually approved or denied based on your file uploads.
We apologize to those riders in countries or cities that can not leave their place of quarantine for a skate/exercise time. SkateIDSA governing body is in no way condoning the breaking any laws or rules of your municipality. Coming out of this pandemic healthy and ready to race in the future is the first priority.