You can still race during the pandemic!
- Must meet the posted deadline of race submission for the month. You can try and race the distance as many times as you like but only one race submission will be placed and accepted.
- It will be a solo skate performance, no group rides, no drafting. It’s a Social Distancing Skateboard race.
- You will have to race an out and back course. We want you to start and finish in the same location. A looped course will also be accepted as long as the start and finish are also close to each other.
- You will need to track your performance with a GPS device. Whatever you use (Endomondo, Garmin, Strava) is fine as long as you can take screenshots of all the proper race analysis for confirmation.
Your GPS Image Submission MUST Include:
Distance Completed and Time:
Make sure to stop the clock at the proper distance. You will be given the time on the GPS regardless of the distance.
Map of the Course:
We need to see that you did an out and back or a looped course.
Lap-View Breakdown for Each KM or Mile:
We need to see the breakdown of each mile/km completed.
The surprise team relay!
July’s Distance: 25K! Each!
We are not done yet! We continue this virtual tour into July.
For the first time in our Social Distancing Race you will have partners to help you race. A virtual partner, that is. We have built such a sense of community and camaraderie with everyone competing around the world these last few months. It would only be fitting for us to race a 100km relay with some unknown teammates. This will be a fun twist of talent and fate for each team. You will race as a 4 person relay team. You will be responsible for skating the 25km (15.53 miles) section of your unknown team’s 100km race.
Rules of the race :
- You course will be an out and back or looped course
- You will submit your race result with course map, finish time and distance of 25km (15.53 miles)
Due July 26th :
- After all race times have been submitted we will randomly select your partner’s on SkateIDSA Instagram live (@theidsa).
- All 4 virtual partner’s times will be added up for the 100km final.
Please only make one submission per submission period. You will be manually approved or denied based on your file uploads. You must be logged in to receive virtual rewards.
We apologize to those riders in countries or cities that can not leave their place of quarantine for a skate/exercise time. SkateIDSA governing body is in no way condoning the breaking any laws or rules of your municipality. Coming out of this pandemic healthy and ready to race in the future is the first priority.