As a Racer, I pledge to:
- Act in a sportsmanlike manner consistent with the spirit of fair play and responsible conduct;
- Maintain a level of fitness and competitive readiness, which will permit my performance to be at a maximum level of my abilities;
- Strictly adhere to the official rules;
- Avoid cheating, where cheating is defined as any form of deal aimed at winning by means other than sporting. This includes bribery, sabotage of other competitors or their equipment, alteration of timekeeping or scoring devices, and the use of equipment, which does not follow the guidelines laid down by the organizing committee.
- Remain on the designated race route at all times.
- Never deliberately change course in order to get some sort of advantage.
- Avoid criminal behavior and acts including the mischievous damaging and vandalizing of personal, private and public facilities or property on and away from the venue.
- Not use any medication or substance that is known to enhance performance or provide a competitive edge (e.g., EPO). Urinalyses to test for performance-enhancing drugs may be employed at the discretion of the race organizers. Racers may be chosen either systematically or randomly for testing if employed.
- Not use any intravenous form of hydration or nutrition during an event. Use of I.V. may only be for health emergency situations, and will result in disqualification for the event.
- Refrain from exhibiting drunkenness and from using recreational drugs.
- Upon receiving any award, dress appropriately showcasing any sponsor gear or apparel.
- Understand that if I do not show to the podium awards ceremony after the race, or do not designate another person to be a stand-in recipient, I will not receive my award and the next place will receive the award disqualifying my performance.
- Refrain from conduct detracting from my ability to attain peak performance;
- (This provision applies to Skaters under the legal drinking age where the event is held) Refrain from the use or possession of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products or drugs while representing the event;
- Refrain from purchasing or providing alcoholic beverages to persons under the legal drinking age of the country in which the event is held, while at any racing events, including all hours between scheduled event activities;
- Refrain from loaning my identification credentials to underage skaters;
- Respect the property of others, whether personal or public;
- Respect all competitors, spectators and officials, and engage in no form of verbal, physical or sexual harassment or abuse;
- Refrain from engaging in offensive spoken or written communications (on social media or similar) directed toward the IDSA, the race director, or any other association that sanctions an event;
- Act in a way that will bring respect and honor to my Sponsors, the race organizers, the hosting venue, the sport and myself and remember that I am an ambassador for my sport and my country.
In consideration of the above, the following list illustrates conduct which is inconsistent with the Race Organizer’s values, and the responsibilities associated with being affiliated with the Event. This list does not establish a complete set of rules prescribing every aspect of inappropriate behavior, and is intended to illustrate a sampling of unacceptable behaviors, their relative level of severity, examples of possible penalties/repercussions of such behavior, and the specific individuals or organization with authority to impose said penalties.
LEVEL 1 INFRACTIONS
- Verbally abusive, disrespectful, offensive, racist or sexist behavior.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Public disturbance or nuisance.
- Failure to follow an appropriate dress code.
- Verbal or written reprimand.
- Performance of specified task(s), such as formal written and/or oral apology or restitution.
- Confinement to a controlled area.
- Denial of the privilege to participate in future IDSA Skateboard Races for a time determined by the race organizer and IDSA.
LEVEL 2 INFRACTIONS
- Second offense of Level 1 Infraction
- Drunkenness [if at or over the legal drinking age where the event is held].
- Sexual harassment.
- Pranks, jokes, or other activities, which endanger the safety of others.
- Disrespect toward Event Staff, Volunteers, or Officials.
- Disqualification from the event.
- Suspension from IDSA competitions for one year.
ZERO TOLERANCE INFRACTIONS
- Second offense of Level 2 Infraction.
- Not staying within the designated course (going outside the marked cone and barricade areas)
- Purchasing, possessing or drinking alcoholic beverages, if under the legal drinking age where the event is held.
- Drunkenness on race day.
- Possession of or taking or using illegal, banned drugs or controlled substances (includes performance enhancing substances).
- Purchasing or providing alcoholic beverages to persons under the legal drinking age where the event is held.
- Vandalizing public or private property.
- Theft of property.
- Breaking the law.
- Any of items described under Level 2 Infractions.
- Revoking of awards and prizes provided by the event organizer.
- Suspension from all IDSA events for three (3) years.
- Any other penalty that may be deemed appropriate for the particular violation.
theIDSA.org reserves the right to make changes to these rules up to the time of the race.
All content is owned by theIDSA.org . Reuse without prior written authorization is prohibited.