a) Gear Check-In
- Event Organizers should provide a location near the Start line to check-in your belongings.
- Please make sure your belongings are well marked with your contact information.
- The Event Organizers will not be responsible for damaged or lost/stolen items.
b) Required Equipment
- Helmet. These should be designed and approved for action sports, and any fastening straps should be secured throughout the event while athletes are on the course.
- Shoes: one shoe or foot covering must be worn on each foot.
- Skateboard: the deck must be structurally sound and not pose a safety hazard. It may be any shape, size, or construction.
- Exactly four wheels, must be commercially available, with maximum 150mm diameter.
- The trucks must be lean-to-steer activated.
- No other restrictions.
c) Allowed Equipment (Including, but not limited to)
- Optional protective equipment (knee pads, elbow pads, gloves, etc.).
- Concave, kick-tail, camber, and other shape modifications to the flat deck.
- Hydration backpacks (however, there will be food/water stations throughout the course).
- Headsets/headphones (for music purposes only).
d) Prohibited Equipment
- Propulsion devices or mechanisms.
- Sticks (similar to Stand Up Paddling) are prohibited. Exceptions:
* The Race Director is given discretion to allow racers to use sticks.
* The Race Director and Race Officials shall inspect and judge the safety aspects of the stick prior to race, and reserve the right to ban any equipment that may pose a risk to other competitors.
* The stick may have flex qualities, including springs, but may not feature any motorized or electrically powered assist for propulsion.
* Stick racers must exercise caution using the stick so as not to interfere with or cause injury to other racers. (Re: Section 4.1) Stick racers must stop using the stick when the path is crowded or narrow, or when another racer is attempting to pass.
* Stick racers shall be ranked in a separate Stick-racing class, separate from the Open class of racers. Whether they are eligible for prizes is at the discretion of the Race Director.
- Brakes, clutches or other devices providing torque to the wheels.
- Aerodynamics fairings, parachutes, sails, or other such devices.
- Handles, seats, supports, or other equipment that provides an interface from the racer to the board other than the sole of the shoe.
- Equipment that is consumed, discarded, or jettisoned during the race.
- Steering mechanisms activated by means other than lean-to-steer.
e) Experimental / Non-Competitive Equipment
- Entrants who elect to use experimental equipment falling outside the above guidelines (e.g., fewer or more than 4 wheels, or wheels larger than 150mm) will be regarded as “non-competitive.” These entrants will start after the competitive racers (exact length of delay determined by the Race Director) and will forfeit eligibility for podium prize winnings. Their equipment must be inspected before the race, and must not pose a safety hazard or cause delay to competitive racers in the event.
- Electric, gas-powered, or motorized vehicles shall not be allowed on the course, unless they are used by race officials or referees.